I’m creating my new bucket list a bit late, I know, but I wanted some time to think about my goals for 2014 and my schedule has been pretty hectic. A lot of my goals for this year involve personal growth and aspirations that do not come through in the forms of events or traveling. At the top of my list is to find my passion and to stop worrying. Worrying has been an enormous obstacle for me to overcome but through prayer and through God’s strength I know this is something I can overcome. I want to learn how to fully trust in the Lord. I also want to pray more and make sure I’m spending time in the Word as much as I can. Since starting my legal career I’ve realized I have a lot of re-evaluating and self-reflection that needs to be done this year. I’ve learned a lot about myself since I’ve started working, and I look forward to whatever God brings my way: whether it be in the form of a hard lesson or through enormous change. I’m ready for it.
Before I share my list with you I’d like to look back on what I completed in 2013. Here we go:
1. I graduated from law school on May 18, 2013.
2. I found out I passed the Illinois Bar Examination on October 1, 2013.
4. I watched my very first Broadway show, Evita, with a dear friend on October 3, 2013.
5. I experienced deep emotions as I was finally baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit on November 17, 2013.
7. I traveled to beautiful Costa Rica from May 22, 2013 to May 27, 2013.
9. I started my legal career in October 2013.
11. I ran my first race, a 5K, on June 15, 2013. Since then I’ve given up cardio to focus on strength training ;)
14. I finally went to the huge musical event, Lollapalooza, on August 2, 2013.
16. I danced the weekend away in Las Vegas from January 18, 2013 until January 21, 2013.
17. I finally fulfilled my childhood dream of seeing Hanson live on October 14, 2013. They were INCREDIBLE!
18. After way too much procrastination, Dan and I finally started investing in stocks and bonds at the end of September 2013.
20. I stayed off Facebook completely for one month between June 25, 2013 and July 31, 2013. I actually feel myself outgrowing Facebook a little bit. I’ll be participating in a media fast involving Facebook starting on January 15 for another month.
21. I saw an active volcano in Costa Rica on May 23, 2013.
25. I went on a vacation with my mom and Aunt to the Bahamas from March 21, 2013 until March 24, 2013. I cherished this time so much.
28. Dan and I finally moved into a beautiful apartment with impeccable wood floors on July 1, 2013. I have wanted wood floors for YEARS!
Now, in addition to the personal goals I listed above I’d like to present my goals for the year 2014:
1. Not that I’ve really been on Facebook lately, but I’d like to participate in a month-long, week-day social media fast with the intention of submerging myself in the Word and prayer instead of wasting time on social media. This will be done by staying off social media during the week with light usage on the weekends.
2. Go to a sleepover or host a sleepover at my place
3. Visit Kristi and Niklas in Sweden
4. Visit California
5. Visit Argentina–better yet, watch a dear friend get married here ;)
6. Learn how to meditate
7. Learn to play a song on the guitar
8. Attend a Bulls game
9. Bake a cake from scratch
10. Watch a live ballet show
11. Read 20 books
12. Put on 5 pounds of muscle (rawr!)
13. Finish paying off my small undergraduate loan
14. Buy our first Christmas tree as a married couple (yeah, we still haven’t bought our first tree…yikes!)
15. Watch the Blue Man Group in Chicago (saw them in Florida!)
16. Submit a secret to PostSecret (wwww.postsecret.com)
17. Go camping
18. Learn how to cook 5 new dishes
19. Go on a romantic picnic with Dan
20. Attend Berghoff Oktoberfest
21. Attend Zoolights at Lincoln Park Zoo